Thursday, January 21, 2010

Updates

Well, I have been intentional and I have been keeping busy. So busy, in fact, that I have not been intentional about posting to this blog. :) and :( . Update on projects....finished the formal gowns....barely....picking out the last basting stitches a few hours before the were to be worn. Being the perfectionist that I am, I thought that the dresses could have been better. I felt rushed and made mistakes. The process did make me realize that I enjoy being busy, I like sewing but have much to learn, the internet is a great tool when I am stuck, I don't like sewing with a deadline, and my husband is very patient. In the end, the girls were pleased, they looked beautiful, and T even wants me to sew her dress for prom. I said I would....but only if we start now and have time to make a muslin first to iron out all the wrinkles before we start on the real deal.

Formal day itself was a united effort. M was a terrific help by taking T and S all over town, pedicure and manicure, make-up at the department store, updo at the salon, I even think they went into Frederick's of Hollywood to pick up some special underwear to avoid VPL. He was patient and good-natured and took pictures and posted to FB about his day. I got up early and went grocery shopping, cleaned house, set a beautiful table in whites and golds, and then began cooking with my mom alongside. The girls arrived, donned their dresses, and then all the other teens and assorted parents arrived. Mass mayhem with pictures, parents left, served dinner, and thankfully it was a meal enjoyed by all. Kids left, parents left, husband left.

I changed into my pajamas and realized that this was the first time in over a week that I didn't have a knot in the middle of my stomach. Too much stress and now I remember how much I don't like that feeling! So the goal is busy, but not so busy that it upsets stomach! On the upside....in two weeks I've lost about 8 pounds.

Since formal, I've begun and almost completed a batik purse (items purchased 18 months ago), and started a granny square afghan from yarn that my mother gave me over 4 years ago that originally she purchased to have someone else make and afghan for my aunt. These projects feel more relaxed...and I like that better!

Final analysis...busy=good ..... too busy=stress=not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment